This delicious Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry is quick and easy to make and has the best fresh sweet and savory flavors.
“The Chinese make no difference between food and medicine.”
Lin Yutang Ginger is used in hundreds of Chinese recipes and has many health benefits. It can be used fresh, dried, preserved, powdered, ground, or candied.
Back in the day, there were many jars of sweet ginger in the back room of my parents’ Chinese restaurant, ready to make this sweet and fragrant dish.
It gets its sweetness from pineapple that has been canned in its own juice.
The required Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 carrot, cut into thin thumb-sized slices (slice the carrot diagonally)
- 8 slices of Chinese sweet pickled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 300g (10½oz) chicken breast fillet, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3½oz (100G) drained tinned pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
How to make CHICKEN WITH SWEET GINGER AND PINEAPPLE:
- Firstly, In a wok, heat the groundnut oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry it for 2–3 minutes. Then add the garlic and stir-fry it for 15 seconds. Finally, add the onion and carrot and stir-fry them for another minute. Stir-fry for another minute, then add the pineapple and sweet ginger and stir well to mix.
- Finally add the vinegar, salt, sugar, stock, and ketchup. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 minute. Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring the sauce all the time. Take it off the heat, stir in the sesame oil, and serve it right away with a bowl of hot Egg Fried Rice.
Serve over a bed of steamed cauliflower rice for a healthy, low-carb meal.
Would grains or carbohydrates make this dish even more filling? That, too, works! For sides, try Easy Seasoned Roasted Potatoes, Diced Air Fryer Potatoes, or Skillet Breakfast Potatoes. Baked Herb Potato Rounds, Rosemary Garlic Potato Rounds, Cinnamon Pecan Sweet Potato Rounds, and Smashed and Roasted Italian Potatoes are all delicious options as well.
Are you leaning toward the green side of things? You should try my Spicy Roasted Broccoli, the Easy Roasted Broccoli, the Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts, the Garlic Green Beans, the Simple Sautéed Cabbage, or the Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Do you like this recipe? you can also check those :